Eagle Artillery Summary
- The Eagle Artillery is a very powerful defense that has a range that covers almost the entire map but has a blind spot similar to the Mortar, the Multi Mortar and the Scattershot. It is unlocked at Town Hall level 11.
- Like the X-Bow and Inferno Tower, it needs to be loaded to work. Loading is free and takes place automatically after the player logs in; the Eagle Artillery will eventually be depleted of ammo and become unloaded if it is not loaded by the player.
- During a defense, the Eagle Artillery remains dormant at the start and activates only after a large number of housing spaces worth of troops have been deployed. The Eagle Artillery will light its eyes at first after 150 housing spaces worth of troops and will activate at 180 housing spaces worth of troops for levels 1 and 2. The housing space requirement to activate the Eagle Artillery increases to 200 at level 3.
- When the Eagle Artillery is ready to fire, the eagle head slides down to the front of the structure to reveal a hexagon-shaped barrel with bright light pulsing around it.
- Heroes and Spells that have been deployed regardless of level, will count towards the housing space needed to activate the Artillery. Each Hero is worth 25 troop housing spaces, and each Spell housing space is worth 5 troop housing spaces.
- Each Siege Machine counts as 1 troop housing space towards this number. Clan Castle troops do not count towards this number, but any reinforcement spells count the normal amount.
- Activating the Archer Queen’s or Barbarian King’s ability will not add more troop spaces. Units that spawn sub-troops, whether upon death such as the Golem, or periodically such as the Witch when spawning Skeletons, do not add more spaces. Dropping a Skeleton Spell only adds the spell’s equivalent worth of 5 troop housing spaces, the Skeletons don’t add more spaces; similarly dropping a Clone Spell only adds the spell’s equivalent worth of 15 troop housing spaces, the cloned troops don’t add more spaces.
- It fires a volley of three successive shots at regular 10-second intervals. Each shot is able to deal devastating splash damage (in a very small radius) to the unit it targeted with extremely small splash damage (in a big radius and knocks back smaller troops) to the units near its target.
- The shockwave damage also affects the main target, so effectively the Eagle Artillery does slightly more than its stated damage per hit to its main target. The total damage per hit onto the main target is simply the sum of the damage per hit and the shockwave damage.
- The Eagle Artillery targets according to a “heat map” or “hitpoint map”. In other words, it targets the area with the largest density of hitpoints.
- The Eagle Artillery places a bright yellow mark on the unit it’s targeting, and the quicker the moving spots move, the closer the shots are. These markers lock onto units and will follow them as they move, unless they move into the Eagle Artillery’s blind spot or out of range, in which case the targeting marker and shots land at the edge of the artillery’s range.
- Unlike other defenses, the Eagle Artillery recalculates its targets each volley.
- Place this defense in a place where its blind spot is covered, like a Mortar. Remember that it will only activate and begin to attack when a certain amount of troops are deployed, so keep it near the middle. This is so that by the time enemy troops start to enter your base, it will be in action.
- The Eagle Artillery deals 3x damage against Golems/Golemites; utilize it well to destroy them and expose weaker units such as Wizards, Witches and Heroes to firepower.
- Supercell encourages hybrid attacks (i.e. attacks that consists of two phases), it would be wise to put this defense away from the common targets like the Archer Queen, Air Defenses and Clan Castle troops. This will make it harder for attackers to prioritize what they should take out, thus making it harder for them to be able to destroy your base.
Eagle Artillery Stats
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||Size|
|Damage per Hit||250||300|
|Damage per Second||75||90|
|Elixer Loading Cost||35,000||40,000|
|Town Hall Level Required||11||11|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|7-50||three-shot volley each 10 seconds||Splash||Ground & Air||Golem (Damage x3)|
Eagle Artillery Strategy
Eagle Artillery Tips
- Eagle Artillery shoots three volleys. Each with 250/300 damage on impact every 10 seconds (x3 to Golems)
- The Eagle Artillery will attack the highest concentrated hit points within a certain area.
- The Eagle Artillery is intelligent! If the first shell kills the target, the next shells will quickly re-target other troops.
- The Barbarian King will survive all three volley shots from the Eagle Artillery if at full health and not under heavy fire. Wait until he drops below 50% to activate the Iron Fist – that will heal at least two strikes from the Eagle Artillery.
Clash of Clans Buildings
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder's Hut • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar|
|Other Buildings||Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart|