- The Dark Elixir Drill collects Dark Elixir from an unlimited underground reserve, and stores it until it is collected by the player and placed into a Dark Elixir Storage. When the drill is full, production will be stopped until it is collected.
- Attackers can steal up to 75% of the uncollected Dark Elixir in the drill. Having too many uncollected resources will make players a more attractive target.
- The Dark Elixir Drill takes up a 3×3 tile space.
- After the 2014 Christmas update, the Dark Elixir Drill is unlocked at Town Hall level 7, along with the Storage. The second and third drills are now unlocked at Town Halls 8 and 9, respectively. Until the drill is constructed, Dark Elixir can only be obtained by raiding, participating in Clan Wars, collecting Dark Tombstones from dead Dark Elixir Troops, and/or using Gems.
”Our Alchemists have finally figured a way to extract pure Dark Elixir, the rarest form of the magical substance.
- When you choose to upgrade a Dark Elixir Drill, it will automatically collect any uncollected Dark Elixir. Note that if your Dark Elixir Storage is full at that time, the uncollected Dark Elixir will be lost. During the upgrade the drill temporarily stops producing Dark Elixir; if it is destroyed in an attack while the upgrade is in progress, the defender will not lose any resources from the drill, as the drill is empty.
- It can be difficult to see without zooming in, but you can visually tell approximately how much Dark Elixir a Dark Elixir Drill currently contains by looking at the glass box on the top rear portion of the drill. An empty (clear) box means the Drill is less than 20% full, while a full (black) box means the Drill is at least 60% full.
- You can temporarily boost its production with Gems. Spending Gems will double the Drill’s production rate for 1 day.
- When raiding, the easiest way to tell the difference between the various levels of enemy Drills is to look at the Drill’s footings. Unlike the top of the Drill, there is a very recognizable difference between the footings of all six levels.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Elixer Cost||Build Time||Boost Cost||Capacity||Production Per Hour||Hitpoints||Time to Fill||Catch-Up Point*||Town Hall Level Required|
*The “Catch Up Point” is the time at which the newly upgraded drill has equaled the total production of the drill had it not been upgraded – this does not consider recovering the cost of the other resource required to perform the upgrade. For example, when going from Level 2 to Level 3, it would take 6 days to make up the Dark Elixir that would have been produced during the upgrade time.
Clash of Clans Buildings
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder's Hut • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar|
|Other Buildings||Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart|