- The Gold Mine collects gold from an unlimited underground reserve and stores it until collected by the player and placed into a Gold Storage. When the mine is full, production will be stopped until it is collected (or raided by an enemy player).
- The production rate and storage capacity depend on the level of the Gold Mine. One can estimate the amount of resources in the mine by looking at the small cart on the right side of the mine.
- The Gold Mine takes up a 3×3 space.
- When you choose to upgrade a Gold Mine, it will automatically collect any uncollected Gold. Note that if your Gold Storages are full at that time, the uncollected gold will be lost! During the upgrade, the mine temporarily stops producing gold.
- Tapping on a gold mine when the gold icon is up collects gold from all the gold mines.
- Once the Gold Mine is level 5, you can temporarily boost its production with Gems. Spending Gems will double the Mine’s production for one day. When you click to boost the Gold Mine, a clock appears for a few seconds.
Gold Mine/Home Village by Town Hall Level
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13|
Gold Mine/Home Village Statistics
|Level||Capacity||Production Rate||Hitpoints||Boost Cost||Time to Fill||Elixir Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Catch-Up Point*||Town Hall Level Required|
|4||2,500||800/hr||520||N/A||3h 7m 30s||1,400||1h||60||3h||2|
|6||20,000||1,300/hr||600||5||15h 23m 5s||7,000||4h||120||13h 20m||3|
|7||30,000||1,600/hr||640||6||18h 45m||14,000||6h||146||1d 2h||4|
|8||50,000||1,900/hr||680||7||1d 2h 18m 57s||28,000||8h||169||1d 18h 40m||4|
|9||75,000||2,200/hr||720||8||1d 10h 5m 27s||56,000||10h||189||2d 15h 20m||5|
|10||100,000||2,800/hr||780||9||1d 11h 42m 52s||84,000||12h||207||1d 20h||5|
|11||150,000||3,500/hr||860||10||1d 18h 51m 26s||168,000||16h||240||2d 16h||7|
|12||200,000||4,200/hr||960||10||1d 23h 37m 9s||336,000||1d||293||5d||8|
|13||250,000||4,900/hr||1,080||11||2d 3h 1m 14s||504,000||3d||509||18d||10|
|14||300,000||5,600/hr||1,180||11||2d 5h 34m 18s||840,000||5d||657||35d||11|
* The Catch-Up Point is the time at which the newly upgraded Gold Mine has equaled the total production of the mine had it not been upgraded – this does not consider recovering the cost of the Elixir required to perform the upgrade. Or, in easier to understand terms, the catch-up point is the amount of time it would take to get the resources it would have collected if it wasn’t being upgraded.
- It is a good idea to put your Gold Mines outside of your Walls, so they can act as a distraction to units such as Barbarians and Archers.
- Attackers can steal up to 50% of the uncollected Gold in your mine. Having too many uncollected resources will make you a more attractive target.
- If a Gold Mine is destroyed in an attack while it is being upgraded, no gold will be lost, as the mine is empty during this time.
- Pay careful attention to the location of Gold Mines when planning your attack, as Gold Mines are usually only marginally protected and can be quite lucrative, especially at high levels. Many times a single Archer can be placed in such a way that it can destroy a Gold Mine while standing clear of any defenses.
- If you see a round number of gold in a raid, it is most likely going to be in the Gold Mines rather than in the Gold Storages (example 90,000). Although round numbers can occur in Gold Storages, they happen much more often when Gold Storages have been emptied by a previous raid and the resultant shield has allowed the Gold Mines to completely fill up.
Clash of Clans Buildings
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder's Hut • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar|
|Other Buildings||Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart|