- This storage allows you to save your hard-earned Dark Elixir. Dark Elixir is used to buy and upgrade the Barbarian King, Archer Queen, and Royal Champion, and to train and upgrade Dark Elixir Troops.
- The Dark Elixir Storage is unlocked at Town Hall level 7, along with the Dark Elixir Drill.
- The Dark Elixir Storage is a transparent, rectangular-shaped building. It is stated that this storage had to resemble a cube due to the Dark Elixir’s power.
- 6%, 5%, 4% (depending on the town hall level) of the total Dark Elixir in the storage (up to 4,500, or none if you are in the Legend League) can be stolen by attackers, although loot penalties may change this amount (see Raids).
- Upgrading your Dark Elixir Storage to a higher level than you require for storage purposes can potentially save Dark Elixir in a raid. As an attacker receives an amount of Dark Elixir proportional to the percentage of damage each hit causes, the higher health of the upgraded building results in less Dark Elixir per hit. It also takes longer to destroy, giving you more time for your defenses to destroy the attacker before they can steal all the available Dark Elixir.
- Dark Elixir Storages remain fully functional while being upgraded, like all other storages.
- If a player with a Town Hall level 6 or lower raids Dark Elixir, the looted Dark Elixir will not be stored and will simply disappear. It will, however, give credit toward the Heroic Heist Achievement.
- Due to the low cap on Dark Elixir, it is sometimes difficult to tell if the Dark Elixir Storage is full. For example, a Town Hall 9 player with a level 6 Dark Elixir Storage with just under 36,000 Dark Elixir in the Dark Elixir Storage and just under 7,200 Dark Elixir in the Town Hall (almost enough to reach the 2,500 cap) is less than 20% full and therefore appears empty.
- Dark Elixir is the most difficult resource to obtain, with the possible exception of Gems. Consequently, many players protect the Dark Elixir Storage as best they can.
- As of the 2015 July Update, all kinds of Storages are now immune against Lightning Spells and Earthquake Spells.
- Prior to this update, there existed an infamous strategy that involved using Lightning Spells to damage the Dark Elixir Storage in order to steal some of its Dark Elixir (the Earthquake Spell was introduced in the same update.)
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Capacity||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience|
Clash of Clans Buildings
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder's Hut • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar|
|Other Buildings||Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart|