Originally posted on October 10, 2020 @ 6:30 pm
- The Inferno Tower shoots jets of flame that burn through even the thickest armor.
- The lava stream on the Level 10 Town Hall may be indicative of one’s access to Inferno Towers starting at that Town Hall level.
- In single-target mode, the Inferno Tower causes progressive damage to a single target. The longer the tower stays focused on the same target, the more damage it deals. Its damage is low when it has newly locked on to a troop, but its flame heats up after a short period of time, dealing massive damage and making it most effective against very high-health troops. However, in this mode, the Inferno Tower can be overwhelmed by large groups of weaker units, such as Archers.
- In multi-target mode, the Inferno Tower causes constant damage to up to five targets simultaneously. This makes it ideal against swarms of low-health troops but is much less effective on higher-health troops.
- Similar to the X-Bow, the Inferno Tower must be reloaded periodically. This is done for free automatically whenever the player logs in. However, if the Inferno Tower continues firing its ammunition without reloading, it will eventually run out of ammo and not attack.
- The Inferno Tower doesn’t have a favorite target, nor does it deal more damage to any particular troop. However, in single-target mode, it deals more damage on average to troops with higher hitpoints, due to its progressive DPS.
- The Inferno Tower is weak against large numbers of Tier 1 (and to a lesser extent Tier 2) troops. Make sure the Inferno Tower is within range of a Mortar or a Wizard Tower so that it adequately defended.
- This defense is tailor-made to destroy the most powerful of troops, such as the Dragon, P.E.K.K.A and Golem. As such it is a perfect complement to a Wizard Tower, which is very effective against large numbers of weaker Troops but struggles against those with high health pools. Positioning these two structures close by can substantially improve the survivability of both structures (and the rest of your base).
- This structure wreaks havoc with most common offensive strategies where heavy units go in first to distract defenses and light units follow. Letting your heavy troops get in range of it spells certain doom for them, as after even a few seconds no amount of Healers will be able to keep a P.E.K.K.A or Golem alive. A combination of Lightning Spells and a group of Minions may be the best way to get at the Inferno Tower if it is behind multiple Walls and defenses.
- Four level 4+ Lightning Spells will destroy a level 1 Inferno Tower. Five level 4+ Lightning Spells will be able to destroy a level 2 Inferno Tower. However, they should be sufficient to significantly weaken it so that a medium-sized group of Minions will be able to destroy it.
- Small troops are stronger against the Inferno Tower, as every time it targets a new troop it will have to heat up again. Golems get destroyed in seconds by this strong defensive building, but if you surround it with Archers or Barbarians it will be defeated very quickly. It only targets a single unit at once, so attacker spacing is not an issue (unless a Wizard Tower or Mortar is nearby).
- Look at the Inferno Tower to see if it is empty or full with Dark Elixir. If it is empty there will be no canister of Dark Elixir attached to the side of the tower, and there will no longer be fire emitting from the top. Finally the glowing lava pool present at the bottom will have also disappeared, giving the entire structure the look of ordinary rock or metal (see image gallery below).
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Number of Rounds||Size|
|10||0.128s||Single Target||Ground & Air||750||2×2|
|Level||DPS Initial||DPS After 2|
|DPS After 5 seconds||Hitpoints||Cost to Load||Cost||Build Time||Experience|
Clash of Clans Buildings
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder's Hut • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar|
|Other Buildings||Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart|