Originally posted on April 26, 2021 @ 7:04 pm
Here are some tips on building a good base that prevents your enemies from raiding your kingdom in Clash of Clans.
Base Design Explanation
- Farming – This type of base design focuses on getting a free 12 hour shield from opponents raiding your base by having the Town Hall outside the walls. They will give you a higher chance to trigger the shield so you only get attacked once or twice when sleeping.
- Defense – This type of base design focuses on getting more trophies and protecting your Town Hall at all costs. Resources can get stolen, but your opponents won’t be able to penetrate your defenses easily to destroy your Town Hall.
- Hybrid – A little bit of both of the above.
Check out the following base layouts based on your Town Hall Level. Pick a layout depending on your goals.
Town Hall Level 5 Layout (see more base layouts)
TH5 Highest Priority Upgrades and Structures
- Builder 1. Laboratory –> Spell Factory
- Builder 2. New Walls –> New Army Camp –> Army Camp Upgrades
Second Priority Tasks at TH5
- Task #1. New Towers & Base Layout
- Task #2. Upgrade Barracks
- Task #3. Upgrade Defensive Towers, Starting With New Towers
- Task #4. Upgrade Remaining Structures
Town Hall Level 6 Layout (see more base layouts)
TH6 Highest Priority Upgrades and Structures
- Builder #1. Laboratory –> Army Camp #2
- Builder #2. Spell Factory –> Army Camp #3
- Builder #3. Place New Walls –> Upgrade Army Camp #1 –> Upgrade Clan Castle
Second Priority Tasks at TH6
- Task #1. Adding New Towers & Rearrange Base
- Task #2. Upgrading Barracks
- Task #3. Upgrading Defensive Towers
- Task #4. Building and Upgrading Remaining Structures
Town Hall Level 7 Layout (see more base layouts)
TH7 Highest Priority Upgrades and Structures
- Builder #1: Laboratory –> Spell Factory
- Builder #2: Army Camp –> Barracks –> Barracks Level 2 –> Army …
- Builder #3: Walls –> Dark Elixir Storage
Second Priority Tasks at TH7
- Task #1. Place all level 1 towers and traps aside from the Hidden Tesla.
- Task #2. Rearrange your base to a great TH7 defense.
- Task #3. Upgrade all basic towers to their maximum level that requires less than 1 day of building time.
- Task #4. Upgrade your Dark Elixir Storage.
- Task #5. Place your Hidden Tesla Towers.
- Task #6. Pull 1 Builder for Barracks & Dark Barracks Upgrade Duty
- Task #7 (Final). Upgrade existing defensive structures and add additional structures as resources build.
Town Hall Level 8 Layout (see more base layouts)
TH8 Highest Priority Upgrades and Structures
- Builder #1. Laboratory –> Clan Castle Level 4
- Builder #2. Dark Elixir Drill –> Dark Elixir Drill Level 2 –> Dark Elixir Drill Level 3 –> Dark Elixir Storage Level 3 –> Dark Elixir Storage Level 4
- Builder #3 & Builder #4. New Walls –> New Archer Tower –> New Air Defense Tower –> New Wizard Tower –> New Storage Structures –> Rearrange Base –> Upgrade Storage Structures
Second Priority Tasks at TH8
- Task #1. Upgrade New Towers (1 Day or Less)
- Task #2. Add New Hidden Tesla Tower
- Task #3. Upgrade Air Defense Towers One At A Time
- Task #4. Put 1 Builder on Hidden Tesla Duty
- Task #5. Upgrade Mortars and Wizard Tower (Limit 1 of Each)
- Task #6. Put 1 Builder on Barracks Duty
- Task #7. Upgrade Cannons, Archer Towers, and Hidden Tesla Towers
- Task #8. Add The Second Dark Barracks & Upgrade Both Dark Barracks
- Task #9. Start Town Hall 9
- Task #10. Upgrade Traps, Walls, Gold Mines, and Elixir Collectors
Town Hall Level 9 Layout (see more base layouts)
TH9 Highest Priority Upgrades and Structures
- Builder 1. Laboratory –> Spell Factory
- Builder 2. New Walls –> New X-Bow #1 –> New X-Bow #2
- Builder 3. Archer Queen –> Dark Elixir Drill –> Army Camp Upgrades –> Task #7.
- Builder 4 & 5. New Archer Tower –> New Air Defense Tower –> New Wizard Tower –> New Gold & Elixir Storage –> Switch Base Set-Up –> Upgrade Storage Structures –> New Hidden Tesla
Second Priority Tasks at TH9
- Task 1. Complete Early Tower Upgrades
- Task 2. Upgrade Air Defense Towers One At A Time
- Task 3. Upgrade Mortars One at a Time
- Task 4. Upgrade Clan Castle
- Task 5. Upgrade Wizard Towers One at a Time
- Task 6. Upgrade X-Bows One at a Time
- Task 7. Assign One Builder to Upgrade Dark Elixir Drills, Dark Barracks, and Dark Elixir Storage
- Task 8. Upgrade Archer Towers, Cannons, and Hidden Tesla Towers
- Task 9. Research, Upgrading Heroes and Walls
Town Hall Level 10 Layout (see more base layouts)
General Advice on Town Hall Layouts
- Wall Breakers have high splash damage, double walls are not as effective as they once where, since they could break both lines of Walls with one blast.
- Leave some buildings outside as ‘buffers’. Most enemy troops will target those buildings while your defenses attack them.
- Never put your storage units together. Enemies will be able to wipe our your resources with ease. Placed next to storage units Wizard Towers can work very well as they can easily eliminate large groups of Goblins within a few seconds.
- Upgrade wall intersections (where walls meet perpendicular to each other) first.
- Mortars do best in the center of your base. However, do not put Mortars directly next to each other, as two well-placed Lightning Spells will destroy them both.
- At higher levels, Air Defenses do best in the center of your base.
- Cover as many buildings as possible with a defense. This includes other defensive buildings.
- Space out defenses so they are neither too close nor too spread out. Defenses that are too close together cannot adequately protect the entirety of your village. Defenses that are too spread out cannot adequately protect each other and will be easily overwhelmed.