Originally posted on October 25, 2020 @ 1:22 pm
- The Archer Tower is a tower that has an Archer (from the Home Village) on top and can target both air and ground units.
- It is a single target defense.
- A player can have a total of 3 Archer Towers.
- It can be set to Long Range or Fast Attack. Both modes has its advantages and disadvantages.
- The Long Range mode gives the Archer Tower a range of eleven tiles, at the cost of DPS. It has the lowest DPS of any single target defensive building at relative level in this mode.
- The Fast Attack mode gives the Archer Tower additional damage output by firing twice as fast as the Long Range mode. This comes at the cost of range – even as its range is reduced by four tiles, it covers only about 40% of the area that a Long Range Archer Tower would cover.
- When upgrading, an Archer Tower’s damage per second increase of Fast Attack is twice as much as the damage per second increase of Long Range so Fast Attack is always twice the DPS of Long Range.
- The Master Builder can go to your Home Village and gear up an Archer Tower that is level 10 or above in order to allow it to toggle between Long Range and Fast Attack modes. This requires a level 6 Archer Tower in the Builder Base. Like with other gear ups, only one Archer Tower can be geared up.
- The Archer Tower in fast fire mode in the Builder Base has the same attack speed as a normal Archer Tower in the Home Village