- The Barbarian King is basically a larger, stronger, more aggressive, and more powerful Barbarian. He is automatically summoned once the Barbarian King Altar is constructed, which costs 10,000 Dark Elixir.
- The Barbarian King is an immortal unit, so he only has to be summoned once. However, if he is injured or gets defeated in an attack, he must regenerate his health by sleeping for a period of time before he can be used again.
- The Barbarian King will defend the village whenever he’s not regenerating health from a previous attack. The Barbarian King only defends his territory around his platform and will retreat if lured too far out. If the village is attacked while he is regenerating health, his altar will be empty. If he locks onto a troop, he will follow that troop until he dies or that troop is killed. Once the troop is killed, and he is outside of his patrol zone, he will return to patrolling around his altar, even if the altar is destroyed. You do not need to knock out the barbarian king to three star a base.
- If he is damaged or defeated on defense, he does not need to regenerate health afterwards.
- The amount of time he sleeps to regenerate is directly proportional to the health he has lost by the end of the battle. If he is not damaged (or is fully healed before the battle ends), then he is ready to fight immediately, however, if he falls in battle or is wounded, then he must sleep for some time to regenerate. The more the Barbarian King is upgraded, the more time it will take to fully regenerate his health.
- Hero regeneration after a Multiplayer Battle starts as soon as the player begins to search for a Multiplayer opponent. So, if the player spent some time searching for an opponent to attack before completing an attack, part of the regeneration will be completed by the time the player returns to his/her village. However, if the player cancels the attack by pressing “End Battle” before completing an attack, the regeneration will be reset. This effect is more noticeable in the highest leagues where a significant amount of time can be spent searching for such opponents.
- Starting at level 5, the Barbarian King obtains an ability called Iron Fist which can be used on the battlefield. It partially heals him, summons a horde of additional Barbarians, and grants the Barbarian King and his summoned Barbarians increased damage and speed. This does not stack with the Rage Spell and does not affect any other troops, including other barbarians belonging to the regular army. This ability gets more powerful every fifth level.
- If the ability is unlocked, once the Barbarian King is deployed, his icon in the troop deployment window becomes the activation method for Iron Fist. Simply click on his icon again and Iron Fist will be activated.
- If the ability has not been used before the Barbarian King is about to be defeated, it will by default automatically activate. However, this feature can be toggled off in the settings (by turning off “Automatically use Hero Abilities on KO”).
- The Barbarian King summons Barbarians equal to the level of your Barbarians researched in your Laboratory (e.g. if you can train level 5 Barbarians, the Barbarian King will summon Level 5 Barbarians). These Barbarians are not affected by the Power Potion.
- When attacking, he can be deployed just like any other unit. When his health is lowered he must sleep to recharge before he can be used again. The regeneration time is directly proportional to how much health he must recover. He may be instantly brought up to full health with Gems.
- He is best used with Healer and Archer support.
- He is also good for helping to destroy the buildings of a village after most or all defenses have been destroyed.
- The Barbarian King has two modes: he can be set to “Sleep”, which will put him to sleep on his Altar and cause him to ignore any attacks to your village, or “Guard”, which will put him on patrol around your base and cause him to engage any enemy Troops that come within his targeting range during a defensive battle. In “Sleep” mode he will not appear on the battlefield at all.
- Though he is very strong on offense, he only attacks one target at a time on defense which makes him easy to kill with multiple units.
- It is a good idea to place the Altar in the middle of a group of storages or other areas you wish to protect.
- The Barbarian King cannot damage air units (though the Archer Queen does).
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range||Search Radius|
|None||Melee (Ground Only)||16||1.2s||1 tile||9 tiles|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Hit||Hitpoints||Regen Time||Regen Rate hp/min||Training Cost||Training Time||Cumulative Training Cost||Cumulative Training Time||Town Hall Level Required|
|3||162||194.4||1,622||1h 8m||23.85||15,000||1d||37,500||1d 12h||7|
|4||169||202.8||1,687||1h 12m||23.43||17,500||1d 12h||55,000||3d||7|
|6||182||218.4||1,825||1h 20m||22.81||22,500||2d 12h||97,500||7d 12h||8|
|7||190||228||1,898||1h 24m||22.60||25,000||3d||122,500||10d 12h||8|
|8||197||236.4||1,974||1h 28m||22.43||30,000||3d 12h||152,500||14d||8|
|10||213||255.6||2,135||1h 36m||22.24||40,000||4d 12h||227,500||22d 12h||8|
|11||222||266.4||2,220||1h 40m||22.20||45,000||5d||272,500||27d 12h||9|
|12||231||277.2||2,309||1h 44m||22.20||50,000||5d 12h||322,500||33d||9|
|14||250||300||2,498||1h 52m||22.30||60,000||6d 12h||437,500||45d 12h||9|
|15||260||312||2,598||1h 56m||22.40||65,000||7d||502,500||52d 12h||9|
|17||281||337.2||2,809||2h 4m||22.65||75,000||7d||647,500||66d 12h||9|
|18||292||350.4||2,922||2h 8m||22.83||80,000||7d||727,500||73d 12h||9|
|19||304||364.8||3,039||2h 12m||23.02||85,000||7d||812,500||80d 12h||9|
|20||316||379.2||3,160||2h 16m||23.24||90,000||7d||902,500||87d 12h||9|
|21||329||394.8||3,287||2h 20m||23.48||95,000||7d||997,500||94d 12h||9|
|22||342||410.4||3,418||2h 24m||23.74||100,000||7d||1,097,500||101d 12h||9|
|23||355||426||3,555||2h 28m||24.02||105,000||7d||1,202,500||108d 12h||9|
|24||370||444||3,697||2h 32m||24.32||110,000||7d||1,312,500||115d 12h||9|
|25||384||460.8||3,845||2h 36m||24.65||115,000||7d||1,427,500||122d 12h||9|
|26||400||480||3,999||2h 40m||24.99||120,000||7d||1,547,500||129d 12h||9|
|27||416||499.2||4,159||2h 44m||25.36||125,000||7d||1,672,500||136d 12h||9|
|28||433||519.6||4,325||2h 48m||25.74||130,000||7d||1,802,500||143d 12h||9|
|29||450||540||4,498||2h 52m||26.15||135,000||7d||1,937,500||150d 12h||9|
|30||468||561.6||4,678||2h 56m||26.58||140,000||7d||2,077,500||157d 12h||9|
|Ability Level||Damage Increase||Speed Increase||Summoned Units||Ability Time|
Clash of Clans Troops
|Tier 1||Barbarian • Archer • Goblin|
|Tier 2||Giant • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard|
|Tier 3||Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem • Golemite • Witch • Skeleton|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell|