Clash of Clan update today to help address some issues with Clan Wars. From the Supercell Team…
Your ideas, our thoughts:
- Saved base layouts – Yes!!! We hope to add this in the next update, but as always, no promises!
- Lock in or “save war base” button – We had this in a company playable but ruled it out due to the confusion it caused when we were testing it. We hope to add more distinction between your Village and your War Base in a future update, with the focus of resolving the current difficulty in preparing your war base
- Showing Donation History – we will not add this. It is not part of the normal clan mode and we feel it is “too hardcore” to be able to track who is donating what. See the next note though
- Dump Clan Castle Troops – Yes. It will happen, hopefully next update, but no promises yet.
- Claim an opponent on prep day – Great idea, and we talked about adding it initially. We’ll see how your guys’ war days goes and what the feedback is then. I would mark this in the “maybe to likely” range of requests.
A note on how ranking is determined for clan war participants v. spectators] It is both intended and quite common that players with a higher TH are left out of a Clan War. The ranking is not based on TH level, it based on trophy count, and then the level of defenses. Check out the following explanation of how matchmaking should work:
- The first x # of players go to matchmaking depending on their trophy amount and the position in the clan For example, in a 10v10 clan war, if one clan has 14 members, the 10 highest trophied members will be the ones to go to war.
- Once a match is found, players are sorted on the map from strongest to weakest, in terms of defence power of their base, i.e., defense levels, hero levels, traps, etc.
- We do not take TH levels into account. Instead, we only use overall strength of all defence elements in player’s village. For example, a TH8 with higher level defenses than a TH9 will be ranked higher than the TH9 in the war map.
- XP has no bearing on the ranking of your war base on the war map
Updates on common problems and issues
- Matchmaking and wait times: This should have improved in this morning’s maintenance. We are closely monitoring the queue and will make any improvements in the future as needed.
- “Stronger” players being left out of clan wars, placed in spectator mode: Please read our note above on rankings. This should explain why some players are placed in spectator mode despite having a higher TH. in addition, there may have been some server issues that caused some players to show up as less strong than they are. We are investigating any continued occurrences of this.
- Unfair/unbalanced matchmaking: We will definitely improve matchmaking going forward to make sure clans are more evenly matched. We started off with the settings being pretty liberal, because we were worried that clans would not be able to find matches initially. This will be constantly improved with every maintenance/update.
- Entire Clan Stuck in Spectator Mode: Should be fixed with this morning’s maintenance, and avoided going forward by NOT PRESSING THE CANCEL button. Please post in our bugs subforum if your ENTIRE CLAN continues to experience this issue. And please note that this is a different issue than individual members being in spectator mode. Inevitably some members will be left out of the war.
- Individuals showing lower War TH/Base levels than regular in village and in Spectator Mode: This is likely due to server overload issues but we will closely monitor this situation. They will have to sit out this first clan war, but we believe the issue will correct itself in the next war. Please keep us posted as we are closely monitoring this one.
- Clan Chat Lag: Related to server overload. Should work fine now.
- Donation Issues: Also related to server overload.
- Completed CC6 appearing as CC5 in War Base: Also related to server overload, but we are monitoring closely.
- War Log Button Partially Covers Clan Description Text on iPhone Fixed for the next update
- Spell Factory Shows too many spells: Example: http://m.imgur.com/LriKAEM – Fortunately this is just a display issue. It counts the troops donate to war base as the amount of spells in the factory in the war base. Funky. Fixed for the next update.