- The Baby Dragon is the 11th elixir troop unlocked in the Barracks.
- The Baby Dragon is a fearsome flying unit and is capable of attacking both ground and air units. Unlike the Balloon, the Baby Dragon is both ranged and deals splash damage, like the Wizard and its adult version.
- The Baby Dragon is enraged when no friendly air units (including other Baby Dragons) are within 4.5 tiles of it. During this rage, it does more damage and also attacks faster.
- A Baby Dragon does splash damage over a small area when it attacks. This can be noticed when used against Clan Castle Troops, or if it manages to attack a Wall through indirect means, i.e. when it is attacking defending enemy units over a wall.
- Baby Dragons have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Baby Dragons will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
”"This Fire-Breathing Hatchling is shy around other air units, but leave it alone and it will throw a fit! When not around other air units, Baby Dragons become enraged and gain bonus damage and attack speed."
- Baby Dragon could be considered better than their father: They have over half the health, do about half the damage, cost more compared to housing space, but even have a rage mechanic. What is his downside is he can take less hits as a whole.
- Baby Dragons are most powerful on their own, as they become enraged dealing double damage.They have approximately half of the health and damage of their adult brethren, but take up half the space. this makes them ideal as Clan Castle Troops.
- A good offensive strategy is even just mass Baby Dragon. Bring 4 Rage Spells and any other preferable spells, and deploy the Baby Dragons one by one until Clan Castle troops come out or the Air Defense starts targeting them, which you can then proceed to deploy all of them, and Heroes.
- Baby Dragons are quite powerful air Troops, and as such it can be difficult to defend against them. Multiple high-level Air Defenses are critical for success against Baby Dragons.
- Baby Dragons are wonderful Clan Castle Troops. As a flying unit, the Baby Dragon is completely immune to attacks from most ground troops, and his splash damage capability makes it especially suited for destroying groups of Barbarians and Goblins. However, due to his enrage bonus damage, players can choose to request one Baby Dragon and fill the remaining spaces with ground troops.
|Barracks Level Required
|Enrage Bonus Damage
|Area Splash 0.3 Tile Radius (Ground & Air)
|Damage per Second
|Damage per Attack
|Laboratory Level Required
Clash of Clans Troops
|Barbarian • Archer • Goblin
|Giant • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard
|Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A
|Dark Elixir Troops
|Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem • Golemite • Witch • Skeleton
|Barbarian King • Archer Queen
|Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell