Originally posted on October 27, 2020 @ 9:31 am
- The Miner is the twelfth troop unlocked in the Barracks.
- It was added in the 8.332.9 update, along with the Baby Dragon.
- Miners have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Miners will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
”"These sneaky shovelers burrow underground, pass beneath walls and pop up right next to their targets. While underground, Miners cannot be damaged and will not trigger traps, but still gain bonuses from Spells."
- The Miner is similar to the Hog Rider before it would attack defenses; a troop that can bypass walls that attacks anything. However, the Miner is even better as it is invincible when underground.
- Miner’s can be used to sort of trigger traps and lure out Clan Castle troops. They can also be used as a small distraction.
- E.g, You’re doing a GoWiPe (Golems, Wizards and P.E.K.K.As), but the Inferno Towers and Clan Castle troops are going to take out your Golems in seconds once in range. You can quickly place a Miner to pop up and distract the Defenses.
- The Miner cannot be placed anywhere on the map like the Clash Royale counterpart. It must be placed outside the red area like any other unit.
- This troop is excellent on defense. Since it goes underground, while your troops are in the battle, the Miner will come out of nowhere, getting some hits while they are hitting the other defending troops. It can be really difficult to take one down, as it can only be damaged while above ground. Using multiple troops to take one out can make the Miner a quick memory as long as it doesn’t take out all your units.