- Balloons are the sixth overall troop unlocked in the Barracks, and is the first aerial unit unlocked in the Home Village, unlocked in Level 6 Barracks.
- Balloons are “promoted” Wall Breakers that now attack from a hot air balloon. They drop bombs towards the ground with a large area splash damage, which can destroy a wide range of ground targets, but can be easily taken out by any anti air building (such as the Air Defense).
- They are the slowest-moving and slowest-attacking troops in the game. However, they have the fourth-highest DPS for a troop in the game.
- When they are defeated, Balloons drop to the ground and explode, dealing relatively minor damage (as compared to the damage of their bombs).
- Balloons prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Balloons do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the level 12 or 13 Town Hall (if its Giga Tesla or Giga Inferno has been triggered) to be defensive buildings.
Once all defenses are destroyed, Balloons become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
This article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. It uses material from the Balloon article.