Originally posted on November 22, 2020 @ 2:24 pm
- The Bat Spell is a Dark Spell unlocked at Dark Spell Factory level 5, which requires Town Hall level 10.
- When used, it spawns several Bats on the battlefield over time (its method of spawning is similar to a Skeleton Spell). These Bats are low on health and target defenses.
- Like Skeletons, Bats do not trigger traps or Clan Castle troops.
- Bats prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Bats do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the level 12 or 13 Town Hall (if its Giga Tesla or Giga Inferno has been triggered) to be defensive buildings.
Once all defenses are destroyed, Bats become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby. The Bat Spell also deals less damage to resource storages, the Giga Tesla, and Giga Inferno.
- The Bats also relate to the Builder Base troop also known as the Night Witch. The Night Witch spawns bats that relate to the bats in the Bat Spell. However, the Night Witch’s bats attack any target.