- The Goblin is the fourth troop unlocked in the Barracks.
- Goblins prioritize resource buildings above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any resource buildings remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize resources, Goblins consider the Clan Castle or the Town Hall to be resource buildings regardless of whether or not they contain loot and whether or not the Town Hall is at level 12 or 13 and has its Giga Tesla or Giga Inferno triggered; Goblins will preferentially target them in addition to causing double damage to them.
Once all resource buildings are destroyed, Goblins become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- The Goblin deals double damage to Resource Buildings, (Town Halls and Clan Castles, Gold Mines, Elixir Collectors, Dark Elixir Drills and storages for each). This means that he deals more than twice as much damage as Barbarians and three times as much as Archers to these types of buildings. The trade-off is his relatively low health, which is higher than an Archer’s but lower than a Barbarian’s.
- Because the nature of the character is to attack Resource Buildings first, they can be vulnerable to attack and should not be deployed without another type of troop (such as Giants orBarbarians) as a meat shield.
- The Goblin is the one of the fastest ground units in the game. Its speed allows it to outrun certain defenses and traps, such as the Spring Trap.
- Goblins are great for stealing resources. First, use Wall Breakers to clear a route to Storages and Mines/Collectors. Then, use Barbarians, Giants or any other higher-health units to distract Mortars and Wizard Towers while the Goblins deplete the resources. Or you can simply destroy the splash-damage defenses first.
- A Goblin’s greatest weakness are splash-damaging structures (i.e. Wizard Towers, Mortars) as they group together. To combat this, send in Goblins in waves rather than spawning them all at once. Alternatively you could send in Giants and Barbarians and let them serve as distractions while the Goblins do the rest.
- Another good strategy is to place a couple of goblins when the defenses are destroyed to help clean up any remaining buildings before time runs out.
- Goblins are excellent at triggering Traps (especially Bombs), as their movement speed can allow them to get out of range before it detonates. This is especially helpful in the Single Player Campaign where there are often a large number of bombs in predictable places.
- Although generally not viewed as the best defensive troop, Goblins are still useful as Clan Castle troops. As there are no resources to target, Goblins will attack the enemy very quickly compared to the other troops.
- Goblins have the highest damage of any of the Tier 1 Units and can engage the enemy units quickly due to their fast movement speed. They are particularly proficient at taking out small numbers of Giants on defense.
- When designing your base to defend against Goblins, it is useful to place your Defenses strategically to cover all resource buildings. Most importantly, make sure your Wizard Towers and Mortars are within range, as otherwise Goblins will make short work of your Resources.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|Resources Damage(x2)||Melee (Ground Only)||1||30s||32||1s||3||0.4 tiles|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Second on Resources||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|
Clash of Clans Troops
|Tier 1||Barbarian • Archer • Goblin|
|Tier 2||Giant • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard|
|Tier 3||Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem • Golemite • Witch • Skeleton|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell|
This article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. It uses material from the Goblin article.