Originally posted on November 22, 2020 @ 12:34 pm
Grand Warden Summary
- The Grand Warden is a single target unit unlocked at Town Hall level 11. He is the third hero in the game, being weak in physical strength and self defense but extremely powerful in support.
- He is automatically summoned once the Grand Warden Altar is constructed, which costs 6,000,000 Elixir and is available at Town Hall 11.
- He can be set to Air or Ground mode; he flies in Air Mode and walks in Ground Mode.
- He can bypass Walls regardless of the mode he is set to; however, he will attack a wall if the majority of your other troops are doing so too.
- Like the other heroes, the Grand Warden only needs to be summoned once, but he will have to spend some time regenerating his health if he is damaged when attacking an enemy village. If you attack a village while its Grand Warden is still regenerating, the Altar will be empty and the Grand Warden will not defend.
- Like other heroes, he is not upgraded in the Laboratory but rather upgraded with a Builder.
- The Grand Warden’s regeneration time after a battle depends on how much damage he took during the battle: if he survives the battle unscathed, he will be ready to fight again immediately, but the more he is damaged, the more time he will need to regenerate. The more the Grand Warden is upgraded, the more time he will need in order to fully regenerate his health.
- Hero regeneration after a Multiplayer Battle starts as soon as the player starts to search for a Multiplayer opponent. So, if the player spent some time searching for an opponent to attack before completing an attack, part of the regeneration will be completed by the time the player returns to his/her village. However, if the player cancels the attack by pressing “End Battle” before completing an attack, the regeneration will be reset. This effect is more noticeable in the highest leagues where a significant amount of time can be spent searching for such opponents.
- The Grand Warden initiates a range of his passive Life Aura upon deployment, which grants units additional health. Any unit that leaves this range will not benefit from the ability until they re-enter it.
- The level of this passive ability is increased once every level, up to level 40.
- The Grand Warden’s active ability, Eternal Tome, renders all friendly troops within his aura invincible to damage for a short time.
- Eternal Tome is upgraded every five levels that the Warden increases. The ability’s duration increases by 0.5 seconds per level.
- The Eternal Tome ability negates direct damage only. For example, a Spring Trap can still instantly kill troops, while the Tornado Trap will still be able to pull troops in without dealing damage. Furthermore, lesser troops that endure the explosion of a Bomb or Giant Bomb will be hit by the resulting knockback.
- The ability also does not prevent troops like the Wall Breaker from carrying out attacks that kill them or otherwise split them into sub troops.
- The ability affects only troops that are in the radius of the Grand Warden at the time that he activates it, and each affected troop is invincible for the full duration of the ability, even if they leave the Grand Warden’s radius.
- Any troops that are spawned inside the radius of the Grand Warden will not be made invincible if they are spawned after the ability has been activated.
- If the ability has not been used before the Grand Warden is about to be defeated, it will by default automatically activate. However, this feature can be toggled off in the settings (by turning off “Automatically use Hero Abilities on KO”).
- This ability can still activate even if the Warden would be one-shot by an attack (such as by a Seeking Air Mine); the Warden will activate his ability and survive with 1 HP.
- When defending an enemy attack, he will turn into a stone statue and act as any other defensive tower while using his Life Aura to provide a health boost to defending troops and Heroes. If he is damaged or defeated on defense, he does not need to regenerate health afterwards.
- Since he is considered as a building, Poison Spells do nothing but Earthquake Spells will be able to damage him.
- The Grand Warden will attack the building being attacked by the highest number/troop space troop and will continue to attack that building until it’s destroyed.
Grand Warden Offensive Strategy
- The Grand Warden can be used as an air or ground Hero, thus he can fit into any preferred army composition.
- The Grand Warden can be described as a ‘Super Wizard’ as his resemblance to the Wizard.
- His ability, Eternal Tome, makes himself and friendly units in his range invincible to damage, and is crucial for destroying bases with a high DPS core.
- He is the only hero that doesn’t require proper funneling to be fully effective. He goes to wherever most of the troops are immediately. This allows more concentration for timing of spell deployment and troops.
- It can also be used to effectively counter the Eagle Artillery using large groups of troops; this also allows them to be able to destroy more than before.
- Troops in range of Eternal Tome can be healed while active, even if targeted by an Inferno Tower.
- The Grand Warden can jump over walls, much like a Hog Rider, regardless of him being in ground or air mode.
- He will follow the troop with the highest housing space or the largest mass of troops, so bunching up troops with the Grand Warden is crucial to getting the most out of his abilities.
- Even if the Grand Warden can jump over Walls, he will attack the Wall piece that a large mass of your other ground troops are also attacking. This is unlike the Hog Rider and Miner, who never attack Walls.
- If your Grand Warden is in air mode, be wary of Seeking Air Mines as when your Grand Warden gets targeted by one without his Eternal Tome, he will be killed single-handedly regardless of his level.
- The Grand Warden can attack a Wizard Tower or Hidden Tesla without being hit. This is because his range is far enough for him to not get hit.
- His hitpoints are low, but his range and DPS are quite good, although not fit as a core defense. He will serve as a good support unit against the new Eagle Artillery defense, although he will not survive long without other units to soak up damage.
- He creates a buff to boost defensive troops and buildings. It is recommended to place his alter near structures that will receive the benefit such as the Clan Castle, or other Heroes.
Life Aura Ability (Passive)
|Ability Level||% HP Increase||Max HP Increase|
Eternal Tome Ability (Active)
|Ability Level||Ability Time|
Grand Warden Attack Strategies
- The Grand Warden has an incredible attack range. He can snipe a wizard tower without taking any hits.
- The GW can also destroy black hole and trap bases.
- The GW gives an HP buff to surrounding troops and buildings – so you want your GW near your most critical defenses.