Originally posted on November 22, 2020 @ 2:20 pm
- The Poison Spell is a spell added in the July 1, 2015 update.
- It is the first spell available in the Dark Spell Factory.
- It slows down all enemy Clan Castle Troops, Heroes, and Skeletons inside its area of effect (and causes them to take damage over time), however buildings remain unaffected.
”"Give your army the upper hand against enemy troops with this deadly poison! Defending units that linger in a Poison Spell's toxic cloud will move slower, attack slower and take damage with increasing severity over time. Poison Spells do not affect structures."
- A Poison Spell only takes one housing space, whereas a Lightning Spell, the other spell that can be used to deal with Clan Castle troops, currently takes up two housing spaces. This makes the Poison Spell very appealing as a way to deal with Clan Castle troops.
- A Poison Spell has a circular area of effect for scaling damage, whereas a Lightning Spell has individual lightning strikes in a predetermined pattern, so both can be used in a similar fashion. Which is ultimately more effective depends on the style of attack and defending base’s layout, as well as the Clan Castle troops, themselves.
- As of September 18, 2015, Poison Spells now do scaling damage in a similar manner to a single target Inferno Tower, just to a lesser extent. This scaling effect dramatically affects high hitpoint units, but does not deal the same scaling damage against Heroes, instead dealing little appreciable damage.
- A Poison Spell can take a significant amount of time to kill troops, depending on the type of Troops inside the Clan Castle, so make sure that you have enough time left to finish your attack after the Clan Castle troops are dealt with.
- A level 1 Poison Spell can easily kill all the first few troops unlocked in the Barracks, as well as any level Wizards, Witches, Skeletons, and Minions. Upgrading this spell, however, is still useful, as higher level Poison Spells kill them faster and leaves more time to finish the attack.
- If you see a Dragon, Balloons, or Valkyries on defense, it’s good to use a Poison Spell on them, as the scaling effect is deadly against high hitpoint units.
- Although a poison spell will not kill out very high hitpoint troops like Dragons and P.E.K.K.As outright, it’s slowing effect makes them highly vulnerable to other troops while active.
- Multiple Poison Spells will speed up the scaling process, but will not deal extra damage.
- As of the March 2016 update, defending troops now run away from the area of a Poison Spell thus making it as an advantage for the defender however the attacker can lure the defensive troops into the Poison Spell area by dropping a couple of Barbarians or Archer in the Poison Spell area.
|Radius||Damage Type||Housing Space||Brewing Time||Targets||Dark Spell Factory Level Required|
|4 tiles||Area Splash||1||5 minutes||Ground & Air||1|
|Level||Maximum Damage per Second||Speed Decrease||Attack Rate Decrease||Cost||Research Cost||Research Time||Laboratory Level Required|