- The Freeze Spell is one of two spells unlocked with the level 4 Spell Factory; the other one being the Jump Spell.
- The Freeze Spell is used to temporarily disable defenses and/or ground and air troops from the enemy Clan Castle within a small radius. Until the spell’s duration finishes, the affected enemy units will neither move nor attack (or heal, in the case of a Healer being frozen).
- Enemy Troops that are not within its radius when the spell is cast are unaffected by the Freeze Spell, even if they move into the area of effect while it is still active.
- It is the least expensive Elixir Spell in the game, due to it taking only one spell space compared to two or three for other Elixir Spells.
- The Freeze Spell can freeze both Ground Troops and Air Troops.
- It cannot freeze an enemy Hidden Tesla before it has been revealed.
- This spell can be used to freeze the Wizard Tower to allow your swarm of Barbarians or Archers to destroy it without being completely eliminated.
- It can also freeze an Air Defense, which will buy some time for your air units to get closer to the Air Defense to destroy it. This can be extremely effective when utilizing an all-Balloon army.
- The Freeze Spell can also be used to freeze X-Bows and Inferno Towers, allowing stronger units such as P.E.K.K.As to live longer without the Inferno Towers and weaker units such as Barbarians to live longer without the X-Bow.
- In the case of the Inferno Tower, the Freeze Spell is a much more effective option then the Healing Spell for keeping heavy troops alive in its vicinity, as after only a few seconds the Inferno Tower is causing far more damage than the Healing Spell can heal. However, the Freeze Spell can completely negate the Inferno Tower for its entire duration, and once the spell’s effect ends, the Inferno Tower’s damage is reset to its initial state.
- It can also freeze powerful Clan Castle ground troops such as P.E.K.K.As and Wizards, buying your troops time to kill these units before they have a chance to wreak havoc on your attack plans. However, for weaker units, a Lightning Spell may be a more expedient (and cheaper) option.
- When most or all of your heavier units are destroyed, cast a Freeze Spell at area splash structures near the main part of your remaining army. This way, your Troops have a better chance at survival and may be able to take out the structure quickly before it becomes active again.
|Radius||Time to Create||Spell Factory Level Required|
|Level||Freeze Time||Cost||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Laboratory Level Required|
|2||5 seconds||29,000||4,000,000||5 days||8|
|3||6 seconds||31,000||6,000,000||10 days||8|
|4||7 seconds||33,000||8,000,000||14 days||8|
Clash of Clans Troops
|Tier 1||Barbarian • Archer • Goblin|
|Tier 2||Giant • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard|
|Tier 3||Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem • Golemite • Witch • Skeleton|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell|
This article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. It uses material from the Freeze Spell article.